Professional Development Committee
Workshop Coming to Pennsylvania!
There will be an NCURA Region II Workshop Coming to Pennsylvania in October!
It will be held at our host site, Drexel University!
October 18, 2022
Contracts: Common Issues and Best Practices for All Sponsor Types Course Description:
Do you freeze whenever you hear the word RFP or receive a contract to negotiate and review? In this workshop, you will learn common clauses that slow down contract negotiation and their relevance to your pending contract. Additionally, you will learn tools to help you during all stages of contracting: proposal submission (including exception letters),contract negotiation, and award management for all sponsor types including flowthrough contracts. Attendees will participate in case studies to apply the concepts discussed in the workshop.
Learning Objectives; Participants will learn:
• The basic parts of an RFP and how to address possible contract issues at proposal stage
• Tools to negotiate federal, federal flow-through, and other types of contracts
• The importance of, and best practices to address, the most problematic clauses in contracts
• Post Award Management tips and tools Prerequisites: Basic understanding of the management of sponsored projects.
Who Should Attend?
• Beginner/intermediate research administrators